Our aim is to provide technical excellence combined with outstanding client service. Every member of our team is important in ensuring we deliver our aim.
We are always interested in bright and enthusiastic people. We believe that bringing out the best in people ensures our clients receive the best service. We recognise the importance of investing in quality training, being an authorised training office for both the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Association of Certified Accountants.
If you are committed to progressing your career in a firm who are equally committed to helping you develop your potential then we would like to hear from you.
We are a professional long standing firm with an excellent reputation and offer a wide variety of services so there is the potential to vary your experience in different areas.
We have a wide variety of client types from multi million pound turnover global groups to the small family business. The diverse nature of our clients ensures you will get a great experience in different business types and sectors.
Our partners are all Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants with big/medium sized firm backgrounds and we have a number of qualified accountants in our team.
We offer staggered working hours and are flexible and sensitive to the needs of working parents. Many of our staff have been with us for years which we think demonstrates that we are a great place to work.
You will be responsible for the planning, sitework and completion of audit assignments including the supervision and review of audit teams in a varied range of assignments. You will also be responsible for the preparation of accounts and assisting with other ad-hoc projects to a portfolio of clients. The role also includes the training and development of more junior members of staff.
You should be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified, or be qualified by experience e.g. 2-3 years audit and accounts experience.
– Planning and completion of audits including supervision and review of junior staff.
– Completion of client accounts for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s & charities.Preparation of personal and corporation tax computations.
– The provision of a range of other services to clients as required e.g. general book-keeping, VAT Returns, assistance with accounting software.
– Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
– Where appropriate, work at client’s premises.
– Keep an accurate record of time spent on each individual job, recording any relevant issues or queries.
Specific Job Skills:
– To manage a complete and efficient payroll service for all payroll clients.
– Be familiar and comfortable with completion of audit work programmes.
– Prepare accounts and tax computations without assistance to final review stage, with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, relevant tax matters and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.
– Possess good IT skills to work with various software programs, and in particular have strong Excel skills to be able to maintain and develop spreadsheets.
– Demonstrate effective client interaction in a professional and confident manner and have good people management skills.
– Manage own workload and be responsible for professional development.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal sensitively and diplomatically with a range of clients, colleagues and secure information.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Efficient personal organisation and time-management skills; able to use own initiative.
The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy. One who naturally assesses their own performance, shows initiative, with a mature and credible outlook.